Friday, January 6, 2006

Random walks in old manila

One of my hobbies in life is to walk on late afternoons in old Manila. I particularly love this time of the day, appreciating how the light of day begins to darken to welcome the lovely hue of the comign evening. No, no. This is not an old photo. I just shot this lovely Intramuros gate in sepia in order to get a feel of what it was like during the olden days.


This is El Amanecer, along General Luna ST., in Intramuros. This imposing colonial edificio houses an art gallery, an antique shop, and a filipiniana bookshop. A haven for a vintage lover like me. Then I headed over to Manila Bay, because I wanted to watch the world famous Manila sunset.

The baywalk, a fresh breeze welcomed me as I walked on its tiled walkway. 4:30pm

To catch the lovely hues in the sky as the sun drips under the horizon.

When it was quite dark, I headed over to the ancient Malate Church to catch its radiant beauty against a darkening sky.

This is life. I enjoy it while I'm still young. When I get old I may not be strong enough to walk and enjoy my Manila.

There are several bars along Nakpil and Mabini streets. I entered in one for my dinner and a few relaxing drinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment