Saturday, March 18, 2006

Views from a Bus(Novaliches to Sta. Rosa, Laguna)

I had to visit a friend in Sta. Rosa Laguna yesterday. I slept in Novaliches because of the annual family reunion held last friday. Up by ten o' clock, I had to pack a few pasalubongs and try to find a nice bus that would bring me to Sta. Rosa. There are no airconditioned buses in Novaliches so I had to just content myself with an open-windowed bus, and pretend I'm travelling way back during the 1960s when aircon buses were visrtually unknown in the Philippines. As far as I know, aircon buses were only introduced in the country during the mid 1980s. Or so I guess...



Munoz/Edsa intersection. Since the local government built that pedestrian overpass a year ago, traffic had tremendous improvement in this part of Edsa. There are several ovverpasses like these along EDSA and they indeed helped ease traffic situation in Metro Manila.

A view of Kamuning from the EDSA Flyover.



We, of course passed by Cubao, and I cannot just passed my town without taking a snapshot. That green building in the background is the new Gateway Mall.

The Pasig River. View from the Guadalupe Bridge.



Makati near Ayala Avenue Edsa. We took the Alabang exit, of course.

Leaving Manila behind. This is the South Super Highway. It was a nice and bright day. I felt the fresh wind gushing, which makes me relaxed and refreshed. Oh, and I love those clouds!

The bus I was riding seemed very slow. It's like we're just cruising, to the sound of Billy Joel's "I love you just the way you are". Hehe nonsense, just one of my favorite songs that brings memories of my my first love affair. Back to reality. Well, one advantage of slow driving is that you'll feel less in danger of being involved in accidents, and enjoy the views as if they were changing scenes in movies.

A dangerous curve. "Don't go changin', try and please me, you never let me down before uhhhm.... I just want want someone that I can talk to, I love you just the way you are" From Billy Joel's song.

I debarked in the Pacita Complex near San Pedro, Laguna, and I took one of the jeepneys that plied from San Pedro to Sta. Rosa. As usual, I took the seat in front, paid extra for the next available seat, and relaxed as we plied the thirty minute trip to Sta. Rosa.

Thirty minutes later, I arrived in Sta. Rosa. This is the arch of Sta. Rosa, Laguna.

Another view of the arch from the other side. March 17, 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment