Saturday, March 24, 2007

Scenes from A Samar-Leyte Journey

My journey to Samar-Leyte islands started in Cubao Bus terminal where I rode in an air-conditioned bus. I still refuse to ride by airplane as I prefer to travel by land and get to experience the joy of traveling with the local folks. Never mind the length of road-trip nor the utter exhaustion that it entails. For me land travel is still the best!


Bus terminal in Pasay as the passengers ready for the trip to Tacloban


A HighWay scenery in Calamba, Laguna Province. That
mountain in the background is Mount Makiling.

The beautiful Lamon Bay, in Quezon province. I'm sure I will not see
this beautiful view if I'm on an airplane 20,000 feet above.


Maharlika Hi-way along the way to Catbalogan, Samar.


One of the restrooms to be found during stop-overs of buses going south.


The ferry leaving the harbor at Matnog, Sorsogon

Passengers boarding the ferry to Allen, Northern Samar



The Coin Divers of Allen, Northern Samar. The kids wait for the ferry
passengers to throw coins into the sea and they will race for it to get it.

Early morning in Calbayog City, Samar


Seafoods are cheap and bountiful in Tacloban, Leyte


Bagacay Beach, Calbayog City, Samar


The famous Malajog Beach, Samar


Trike drivers, Calbayog City


Rizal Monument, Calbayog City plaza


On the way to Catbalogan, Samar


Calbayog City at night



A beautiful nipa house called locally as Bahay Kubo.
It is spacious and cool inside.

A native sari-sari store in Allen, Samar


The beautiful Malajog Beach.


The moon shines brightly over Tacloban Inn,
Tacloban, Leyte. This is where I stayed in Tacloban City.

No comments:

Post a Comment