Saturday, July 14, 2007

Nikon D40x Sample Shots

I have a new camera in my hand, the cheapest and smallest dslr today, a Nikon D40x. I am amazed at how small this camera is, and how easy it is to use. It's amazing how Nikon could have managed to create a dslr of this tiny size.

The grip is fatter than my Canon 400D, and much easier to hold than my Nikon D80. The LCD screen is bright, and the viewfinder is large. It is tiny in size, it can fit into my small backpack and carry it anywhere without feeling a burden of carrying a dslr.
What about pictures? I took some test shots and I'm amazed at how well saturated the colors are, even just using the standard kit lens. Nikon D40x + kit lens is much better than my more expensive Nikon D80+ kit lens.

Now I'm thinking of selling my Nikon D80 in Ebay, and just keep my D40x forever. It is cheap, it is light and it delivers amazing images.
Here then are some sample shots of this camera. All images taken with the supplied cheapy 18-55mm II lens



Eurotel Hotel. My favorite hotel in Cubao.


New Frontier Theater. Closed for renovation. A place of my vivid romantic memories of yesteryears. I liked the KKK part of this theater. Kataas-taasan, kasuluk-sulukan, at kadilimdiliman.


Araneta Center Bus Terminal Station

A fruit market



Divisoria Night Market

A Macro shot of Dancing Buddha



A Lion's Head

No comments:

Post a Comment