Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Practice Panning on a Rainy Day

After months of living without natural rain, Luzon finally had two typhoons in a span of three days. Well, the dry spell may be over for now, but traffic and floods take over.

For me, though, it's time to practice my panning shots. I still haven't perfected this technique. And this is especially difficult on a rainy day.

I have to boost up my camera's ISO to make up for the relative darkness caused by the typhoon (a little shake can easily ruin the shot, especially as I don't have an expensive lens with a VR or IS).

I also had to protect my camera from the rain. It is very difficult to be holding the camera steady and clutch the umbrella under my arm. Some people looked at me thinking maybe I'm a media man trying to shoot photographs for tomorrow's newspapers.

So here I just want to share two almost "successful" shots I made this afternoon.... Okay, I know I have to practice more.
(By the way I used here my D40x camera with the 18-55 kit lens)



No comments:

Post a Comment