Friday, July 21, 2006

I'm back from a short trip from Samar. The plane left Calbayog at 7:00 in the morning and I arrived exactly 9:00 A.M. in Manila. I had wanted to see Mayon Volcano from the plane's window but the thick clouds hid not only Mayon, but also the rest of the more viewable things under our plane's wings.
I miss Manila so I decided to eat lunch in Ma Mon Luk. After the plane ride, I really don't want to line up and serve myself in fast foods. Ma Mon Luk has waiters and I can sit comfortably while seated on a chair. Nothing compares to the excitement of waiting for your order to arrive, and when it is finally served, nothing beats the aroma of steaming broth!

This is the regular menu in Ma Mon Luk. The food may be a little more expensive than McDonalds or Jolibee, but I tell you I will never trade Ma Mon Luk Siopao with the Big Mac. I really like that byline "Ang Mami dito ay unang imbento, Una sa Lasa, Una sa Sarap". Now that is really cool, doesn't it?

Ever since I had my Rebel XT, I just miss my little compact Sony DSC-T5. So I took it out of my pocket and exercised its legs.
It still takes good pictures despite its being 2 years old(an octogenarian for a camera).
And here are some of them:


Well, these guys are the waiters of Ma Mon Luk. All of them are regulars there, and some have been waitering there even when Ma Mon Luk was still living. They may be snobbish the first you meet them, but I tell you if you eat there, kindly leave 10 or 20 pesos in tip and the next time you eat there, they'll treat you like a king!

I'll post more pictures soon. Meanwhile it's time to take some rest...in the restroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment