Friday, April 6, 2007

A Cool Evening Walk in the Streets of Calbayog


I always liked to do evening walks in every Philippine town or city that I visit. It has become a habit in me, maybe because it fascinates me to see how a city closes at the end of each busy day.

I always do this nocturnal walks everytime I visit the quiet little town of Calbayog. Usually I just stroll along in the streets trying to photograph the sceneries. This made me a very familiar tourist among the kind townsfolk. I also now speak a little of their Waray dialect. Little by little, I understand their language, and that is an essential part of understanding Waray culture.

Evenings, in Calbayog, are cool and windy because this little town is very near the sea on the west, and jungles on the east. I walk around, with my camera hung in my shoulders, and I see familiar faces. Here and there I see the same people I met from my several visits. The vendors, the trike drivers, the tinderas in the mercado, the dama players in the plaza, the common village people.

It seemed that I am no longer a stranger here, and that I, too belong to their town. The few photos below are some that I took from those cool and lovely evening walks in the lovely city of Calbayog.



















No comments:

Post a Comment