Monday, October 1, 2007

I'm Back

I'm back from my trip to Calbayog. It was a happy journey back to the place I love, and indeed, I should say that I miss Samar and its Waray people. By regularly visiting Samar, I always feel knowing more and getting more familiar with it.
Actually, it was an impromptu trip, a spur of the moment, since I didn't plan at all to go to Samar. But a close friend in Calbayog invited me (at the 11th hour) to become a godfather to his son, and since this is the first time that I can actually become part of such an important occasion, I readily said yes.

The trip from Manila to Calbayog was generally pleasant, although we had to tread the road carefully due to the heavy rains caused by Typhoon Hanna.

There was a time that we even had to stop our bus because the rains had become so heavy our driver could barely see the road ahead. And so, the trip had to be delayed for several hours.
When we arrived in the Terminal in Matnog, Sorsogon, we had to wait several hours more to get a go signal from the Coast Guard that the sea is safe for a voyage. Thankfully by mid-afternoon of Saturday, the coast was clear and we started our voyage.

While on board, some of my co-passengers got soaked due to the sudden heavy rainfall amidst sea. The captain had to slow down the ship to almost cruising level speed. From afar, I can see dark heavy clouds in the horizon where we were heading. It certainly looked like we were heading for an impending disaster. Fortunately, the rain soon stopped and we had resumed normal speed...

And so, back in Samar I had been. I will post more in my next blog entry later today. Meantime, I have to take some moments to rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment