Friday, February 15, 2008

Please Come Back Later..I'm Sick

Just as everyone is having a great time celebrating Valentines in classy restaurants and motels, I was suffering from the ravages of flu and tonsilitis.

It always starts with a sneeze....Actually I really liked to sneeze because it feels so good. But to sneeze three or four times in succession is a different story. I begin to feel irritated. Especially when I start to sneeze and it would not push through. I try to rest for a while, unplugging my pc (which is the easiest way to turn it off), laying my back on the bed, closing my eyes, and sleep.

Then while sleeping, the malevolent army of flu virus begins to invade my body, wreaking havoc on my entire system. A weakening of my body is a usual sign of this, a general feeling of malaise, a sign that war is going on inside my body, my antibodies against the foreign invaders.

My antibodies stage a heroic defense to prevent the flu virus from overcoming my system. This war will go on for days.

While asleep, I dream a lot of strange things. I dream I was being pushed to the ground by some unknown force. And then I dream of going round and round until I get a headache. Strange. I realize that sick people really dream a lot of weird things.

I wake up at three in the morning, feeling weak. I have a fever. My temperature is 40. I am shivering from cold. Tears welled from my eyes because of the pain.

Right now, I have taken some pain relievers to reduce the pain in my throat, and to reduce my fever. I know I will get better in a few days. But not yet now. I am still suffering.

Four days now.

No comments:

Post a Comment