Sunday, June 29, 2008

Memories of a Nocturnal Walk in Boac (2)


It was the last night of my week-long sojourn to Marinduque. At eight in the evening I went out of my hotel room to gallivant once more the lovely little streets of Boac.

The evening was peaceful and cool with a lovely soft breeze of wind in the air, and it well reminded me I was one of the most rural places in the Philippines. The sky was well illuminated with the romantic glow of the full moon from the sky, creating lovely silhouettes of the ancient houses from beyond, dwarfed by the lovely clouds from above. On the small boulevards can be seen silhouettes of romantic lovers walking into the nearby town fair. Here and there people go to and from the fair.

The town was in a festive mood, the morrow being the the Grand Fiesta, the last day of celebrations. Overall, there was an ambiance of gaiety, and everyone expected it. The small bars were open up to the little wee hours of the morning offering the sleepless enjoyment and reverie. I stayed in one of the bars to drink a little and enjoy the sceneries and the playing live music.

It was past midnight when I started to walk back to my hotel room, still photographing street scenes. It was a lovely night, a memorable night.


Rizal Monument in the Town Hall


The Town Museum

One of the several old houses in Boac


The town fair





A street scenery


One of the few hotels in Boac


The old and dilapidated Dela Santa house, one of the oldest houses in Boac



The town market: closing time



A walk to remember

No comments:

Post a Comment