Monday, December 15, 2008

3 Cubao Scenes @ 3am

I woke up to the noise of teen-agers clapping their hands outside my house. I found that it was their usual call to wake up their still sleeping friends for the traditional Simbang Gabi. It was a cold early morning and there were very few people in the streets. I took my jacket and sipped a hot coffee.

I went outside to feel the cool morning breeze, to view some street scenes and maybe take a few snap shots with my Nikon D200. It was still very dark despite the full moon and the lonely incandescent lamps in the street posts.

I saw some night workers going home after a night shift job. And the same teenagers going to the nearby St. Joseph's Church. Aurora Boulevard was almost empty save for a few jeepneys and taxis making their first trips of the day. One or two waiting people were in the sidewalk, far apart from each other. I took about ten photographs, the darkness and the absence of tripod and flash blurred most of them.

Only three made it to my satisfaction--well, I think.

So here they are...3 Cubao Scenes @ 3 am.

Good Morning from Cubao.


Align CenterCubao @2am
A Cubao Street Scene in Harvard


Cubao Full Moon 3
A view from my window


Cubao Full Moon
Aurora Boulevard @3:15 am

No comments:

Post a Comment