Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Biggest Loss

Did you guys watch "The Biggest Loser" last night? This show draws me in like a moth to a flame. Every year, I'm inspired to sit and eat ice cream in front of the television, while I watch other people exercise.


This year, Abby Rike is a contestant on the show, and she told her devastating story last night in the first episode of Season 8. In 2006, her world collapsed as her husband, five year old daughter and two and a half week old son were all killed by a speeding driver. They showed us pictures of her husband and young children who were tragically taken from her, with solemn music playing in the background, as she described how she had turned to food to help her cope.

As I sat there in my puddle of tears, all I could think was 'if my wife and children were gone tomorrow, just gone, I couldn't go on living. That would be it. That would be the end of me.'. Is that selfish? I just don't think I'd be able to function as a human being.

Anyway, I'm waiting for one of the contestants to start crying about how leaving the "Biggest Loser Ranch" would be the worst thing in the world.

Four Weeks At The Biggest Loser Ranch............................$4,000.00

New Clothes After Massive Weight Loss.............................$1,000.00

Crying About How Leaving The "Biggest Loser Ranch" And Losing The Attention Of Personal Trainers And The Opportunity To Win A $100,000 Grand Prize Would Be The Worst Thing In The World, While The Woman Who Tragically Lost Her Entire Family In A Car Accident Is Standing Behind You.............Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment