Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Soldier And A Father

Why can't they just come home? I'm not being serious, I know why they can't come home, but seriously, I have trouble leaving my child and wife for work in the morning. I can't imagine having to leave them for a day at work, let alone a tour of duty.

This family photo that shows a little girl beside her father and his fellow soldiers in uniform as they prepare to head off for Iraq. "Four-year-old Paige Bennethum really, really didn't want her daddy to go to Iraq," said a reporter for NBC in Philadelphia. "So much so, that when Army Reservist Staff Sergeant Brett Bennethum lined up in formation at his deployment this July, she couldn't let go, and no one had the heart to pull her away."

The commanding officer allowed Paige to say goodbye as her dad prepared to ship off from Fort Dix.

Do you remember the video of the father who was serving in Iraq coming home and surprising his son? Or the video of the father who was serving in Iraq coming home and surprising his daughter?

I've got to stop looking at these things.... They break my heart every time.....

What an honor it is to have men and women give up so many things that are important to them to protect us....

No comments:

Post a Comment