Friday, August 11, 2006

Avenida..Night Sceneries

Late afternoon chat amidst the hustle and bustle of downtown Avenida.....

The cigarette man doesn't always like the smell of crowded Avenida...


A man rushes because.....it's rush hour!



"Miss can you give me a discount for this CD? After all, it's just pirated!"

Alone thinking while in the middle of the madding crowd...

The Wrench Man claims his wrench can bolt any nut and nut any bolt....if not, we'll make sure we'll make him nuts!


A Chinese Drug Store in Sta. Cruz where you can buy brewed snakes, dried seahorses, and all those magical diet pills imported directly from Hongkong and Shanghai.


Avenida at night...Quite dangerous time to bring out my dslr..so I have to take only a few shots more....

Calle Raon, corner of Avenida...


Waiting, Chatting, Eating, and just plain looking around are what these people do to while away the time along the benches in Avenida Plaza..



And sleeping................" I'm so tired...so I'll just sleep for a while in one of these comfortable steel benches of Avenida Plaza..."


Friends commented that I'm taking too much risk taking my expensive gear in such crowded places as Avenida and Quiapo-and especially at night time-, photographing everyday sceneries there. But this what I want to do and it makes me happy, to record downtown Manila from the viewfinder of my camera.
So if I don't post more pictures in the future, that only means my equipment has already been damaged by rain, or by bumping into crowded people, or worse, taken from me by some snatchers in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment