Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Low Light Test of Nikon D80

I love night photography and I always delight sharing my photos here with you. Almost always, I just photograph those places I frequent or within my radius as an existing human being.

I have a new camera-a Nikon D80- so last night I decided to take it to Cubao to shoot some night sceneries.

Here are some photos I've taken with my favorite Sigma 14mm 2.8 lens. All these photos were shot handheld at iso 800 at the maximum lens aperture of 2.8. All shots were unprocessed except for some minor tweaks in highligthing and cropping.





Dusk at Edsa Cubao. Shot from the Cubao Overpass. I placed my Nikon on the railing of the camera so I was able to make a 2 second exposure.

The colored trees of Cubao

Shopwise Supermarket



Near Romulo St., Cubao


Isetann Cubao


The old Ali Mall, the mall of the great boxing champ Muhammad Ali

The new Gateway Mall

A busy street in Cubao

Jeepney terminal in Farmer's.

My Personal Verdict: Excellent performance of the D80 even in low-light situations. At iso800, the D80 still delivers clean image, even with the noise reduction feature off. I am very pleased with the results and I think that this camera will be my permanent camera....as of now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment