Monday, November 27, 2006

A Night of Music with Robin Gibb

I purchased today a CD of Bee Gees songs, inspired by the recent concert of Robin Gibb in Araneta Coliseum. I truly loved all their songs even while I was young., so it was truly great to see at least one of them in person!

Some fellow bloggers emailed me if I have more photos of the concert. Actually, I was just lucky to bring a camera in Araneta Coliseum. Cameras are not allowed inside the coliseum and even so on huge concerts as this. People who have brought cameras are asked to deposit them in the luggage stockroom of the security guards.

But I'm lucky, the guard on duty did not fully open my bag, so he did not notice that inside, tucked between a shirt and a towel, is my Nikon D80. Well, I don't have any bad intention and I'm not selling my pictures in the internet. I meant to post them only in my blog.

I was seated in one of the upper seats-the cheaper ones- of the Coliseum. I knew it would be difficult to take good exposures because it was dark inside the coliseum. All the lights were of course aimed at Robin. Good thing that my available camera lens was a medium telephoto, an 85mm f1.8 so I was able to take photos of Robin from a dark corner even far away from the stage.


The Araneta Coliseum. Shot prior to my entry for the concert .

The full orchetra prepares for the night of music, while

the crowd excitedly waited for Robin Gibb


Robin Gibb live in Cubao. He was singing here the
famous song "Holiday", one of the crowd favorites.

The big LCD screen is a great benefit for those of us who cannot afford the ringside seats.


The audience are dancing and clapping, to the tune of "Tragedy",

one of the phenomenal hits of the great Bee Gees.


The encore..Robin Gibb delighted his fans with two encores!

The fans reluctantly leave the Coliseum after the last encore.

Everyone was happy and satisfied!


The crowd outside Araneta Coliseum...
We just hope that Robin returns as he promised, and bring along Barry.

No comments:

Post a Comment