Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Holy Week 2008


Holy Week arrives early this year. Next week will already be Holy Thursday and Good Friday, and a lot of bakasyunistas will be trooping once more to the provinces to escape the lifeless happenings in the metro. The malls, movie houses and bars will be closed, so why not spend the holiday on the beach, a mountain retreat, island, or just visit relatives in the countryside?

In any case, if you decide to just stay at home, you'll have plenty of things to watch on the television: Ten Commandments, The Reedemer, The Passion of Christ, and the likes which you have already seen a countless times before during Holy Week. Better yet, participate in the Pasyon, a lyrical marathon incantation of the life and death of Jesus Christ. The best time to participate is 3 pm, 7pm, and 12am, wherein the comite (organizers) will bring free sopas and monay to the singers.

I myself will be gone for a few days (starting Tuesday), in which my family will not know where I will be going. Maybe Baguio again, or Bicol, or Ilocos, or Samar (again!), or even as far as Zamboanga. It is just a journey I'm willing to take, to get a good perspective view of what has been behind of me and what are the things ahead.

I kind of think we all need to be away sometime. We are not getting any younger. Time alone with yourself, especially on these lenten days, will give a sense of renewal not only to yourself but to your family as well. It's like hitting the refresh button on the computer keyboard to see what's been updated.

Prior to the trip, I will be spending some luxury time watching the Pacquaio-Marquez Part 2 Bout in SM Cinema. I wish Manny the best of luck!

Happy Holy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment