Saturday, March 22, 2008

Welcome to Boac, Marinduque

Even though I wasn't able to get a comfortable airconditioned hotel room, I had at least come to know the rustic beauty of Boac Marinduque. I detest my room and I was forced to stay out of it most of the time, and eventually, what could I do more but to make a tour of the town and shoot photographs? A stranger to the town myself, I however, eventually felt at home with the hospitality and gentleness of the Marinduquenos. I will therefore take the liberty of welcoming you to Boac, Marinduque. Come and travel with me to this wonderful lovely little town through the viewfinder of my camera.

(Please click on images to enlarge)

Welcome to Boac, Marinduque


Cropped ricefields, Boac Marinduque


The road to Boac


Lai-lai Beach, Boac

By the spreading beach, where the sands are soft and fine



The Boac Cathedral


The poblacion (Boac town proper)


A vertical shot of one of the main thoroughfares in the town (Note the cathedral's belfry on the background)


A Boac-Torrijos-Balanacan Jeepney can accomodate 35 people excluding driver and cundoctor (20 on both sides of the seats inside, 10 in the aisle and the door railings, and 5 more on top!)


The Mercado (Town market)

No comments:

Post a Comment