Friday, February 6, 2009

The Parade of Smiles

PBA09oqq98s7

parade28
Yes, there is indeed a Parade of Smiles, and it coincided with the Parade of the Sikhs on the streets of Laguna on the 3rd of January 2009. It wasn't really a parade in the strict sense of the word, because it was I who paraded on them, fellow Filipinos watching and enjoying the colorful Parade of the Sikhs. It was so much fun to see people smiling, it just makes your day, despite all the crisis and problems we experience every day.

Filipinos loved to be photographed. You don't need to coax them to pose. Young and old, they pose with candor and child-like enthusiasm, enjoying the exposure of the camera. Some pose with a lovely smile and others with a funny face, and everything just seemed bright and beautiful.

A smile is infectious, and when we smile, we brighten the world around us, and especially, within us. Anger and sadness are things that cannot be avoided but make sure that they don't dominate your life. Anger, according to an old Filipino saying, is only punishing yourself with the fault of others. So why make your life miserable and ruin your life with anger, when you can brighten it with a smile?

I smile every time I photograph people, and I sort of infect them, smiling back at me. Even though I am a stranger to all of them, I have communicated my goodwill and they are ready to give it back to me. It may be the first and last time I have seen them, but they have already earned a special place in my heart.

There is always a Parade of Smiles anywhere around you. It's just up to you to discover it.

parade23
Hehhehehe...Bawal po kaya ang mga nakasimangot ditoh hehehehe


parade33
Pretty Muslim-Filipino girls


parade19
Boy: Mamaya na ako i-smile..tago ko muna tong mga kendi na bigay ng Bumbay hihihi


parade32
Even the usually boring Mike Defensor has been infected by the smile bug


parade31
Woman: Hellooooo!!!! Ang saya-saya!!!!
Girl with covered face: Sayang gusto ko sana ngumiti, kaya lang bungal ako hihih


parade29
One more...one more..one more piktyur!


parade27
A happy boy and his catatonic friend


parade25
Ay ang mga Titahhh...nagmo-motor, hehehe. Cute nyo!


parade24
Girl in brown: Hi Kuya!!! I'm cute di ba?
Girl in black (thinking): mas cute akoh noh...
Man in red: I pray I can get some sardines and rice from the Bumbay
Boy with plastic: I'm ready for the groceries

parade22



parade34
A jeepney and four smiles


parade26
We are just alright watching the parade....on our rooftop! hahahah


parade30
Aaaayyy!!! Kinunan ako ng piktyur!!!! Mga kapitbahay kinunan ako ng piktyur !!!Hahahah naku baka maging artista ako kuya haa? ...Taga ABS ka ba?? o FHM? O Bulgar? hahahahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment