Monday, September 4, 2006

Going to Samar Again

I'm off again to Samar for two weeks to attend the annual Fiesta of Calbayog. I'll be taking a bus this time so I can again fully view the villages that we will pass through. I have to wake up early since I'll be taking the first trip in Cubao terminal at around 7:00 in the morning.
The fare from Cubao to Calbayog is already 950 pesos for an airconditioned bus..and for ordinary bus it's 700 pesos. I chose the aircon because I don't mind paying the extra in exchange for not having to sweat it out in what I expect to be a jampacked bus (ordinary buses are always jampacked and the baggages and tins of biscuits fill the aisle so that it's a hell to get out if nature is on call).
Anyway, the 950 pesos fare already includes the ferry fare from Matnog to Allen, and ther's a bonus free Chowking meal in Sorsogon. Now not bad huh?
This will be my fifth time to go to Calbayog and it always excites me. I can see again the beauty of the Philippine countryside. I'm just wondering who I'm gonna sit beside..an old woman? an old man who coughs a lot(I tell you I've had several experience of the kind)..or a pretty lass..good thing my wife doesn't know I keep a blog...
Okay. time to sleep now so I can wake up early tomorrow..I'll post some photos of my trip when I come back. Bye for now! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment