Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Calbayog Fiesta 2008

I'm back from a wonderful trip to Calbayog City to share the celebration of the annual town Fiesta. It was a such a joy to behold once more the town of my most beautiful memories, and as I walked once more its lovely narrow streets, I felt that I was home away from home.

Some of the locals recognized me while I was covering the town Fiesta. Many of them thought that I was from the Manila press. Yet, they didn't know that I am posting my pictures in my blog just as my way of giving tribute to them and their lovely town.

Old Waray friends invited me to their homes to partake their sumptuous feasts. Indeed, I no longer feel a stranger to this land. I feel proud that I have been accepted not only as a tourist, but also as a naturalized Calbayognon as well. I maybe a Manilenyo by birth by my heart is pure Waray.

Once more, I have taken hundreds of photos in my camera that needs to be posted in this blog, and I'm preparing them now for future blog articles. Yet, I have to rest for a while after a tiring long bus trip back home in Cubao.

For the meantime, I would like to say thank you to the hospitable and beautiful people of Calbayog City, and especially to their dashing town Mayor Mel Senen Sarmiento who gave me a warm hospitable welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment