Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Recent Photos of Cubao


I just want to share some pictures from my recent stroll in and around Farmer's in Cubao. I have been jobless for several years now, so to spend away boring moments, I just take a walk every afternoon in Cubao or downtown Manila, shoot some photographs, and eat ice cream. Since I cannot share to you my ice cream, I can just share to you my photographs.

I am not a professional photographer and I only take pictures of sceneries that interests me. For me, photography is a very personal thing. Although there are certain conventions that must be followed to create good compositions, I still believe that in the end, only the photographer is responsible for the pictures he makes. The photographer shows the picture and the picture reveals the photographer.

In Cubao, I usually stay only in Ali Mall and Farmer's. Oftentimes I also visit National Bookstore to read their new bestsellers. I usually stay out of the new Gateway Mall because it is too modernistic for my taste. I only go there to meet friends, because that's the easiest place for appointments.

If you have already been to Cubao, you will recognize many of the places I shot here. But if you have not been to Cubao yet, then just let me welcome you through these photos, and hope that one day, one time, you can visit, at which time I can treat you ice cream.

(Be sure to click the images to enlarge them!)


































No comments:

Post a Comment