Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve: December 31, 2006

Small firecrackers that I will use tonight to celebrate the New Year. I'm afraid of the big ones, such as 5-star or Super Lolo, and I don't want to be a statistic in this year's firecrackers victims who lost a finger or two. When I was a kid, I used to buy Watusi during New year's eve but it is now banned because it was found to be poisonous.



Last minute shoppers at New Year's Eve in Avenida Rizal. Everyone wants to have some nice Media Noche, to celebrate the coming 2007 year.


A stall where you can buy "Good Luck" items for 2007.


New Year's Eve or not, this man will sell his candies and cigarettes


This is the stall where I bought my miniature firecrackers


Celebration of New Year will not be complete without the traditional and harmless Torotot!


Torotot Vendors. 10 pesos for small torotot, and 20 pesos for the big one, which also doubles as a funny hat.


More firecrackers and fireworks for sale!


More torotots and masks!


Filipinos believe that round objects bring good luck to the coming new year, so round fruits are very popular, as additional "handa" in the Media Noche. These fruits are locally known as Chico


Mangosteens!


Dalanghita! A Philippine version of Oranges


Chestnuts roasting on an open fire.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment