Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cubao at Sunset Hour

I walk everyday in Cubao, and have photographed many of its streets. Most of these photographs are still stored in my hard drive, waiting for the time that they will eventually make it to this blog. Many others just went straight to my recycle bin. Still many others are stocked somewhere inside many folders in my computer, neglected but certainly not forgotten.

I have been living in Cubao for the past twenty years. If you live in or near Cubao, or have visited Cubao, you will recognize some of the scenes here. But then again, some will not ring a bell. The massive recent redevelopment of Araneta Center have changed many of the landscape sceneries of Cubao. Indeed, many old structures were already demolished that gave way to the new Gateway Mall, and many others still are soon for demolition for the upcoming rise of the Manhattan Gardens, a condominium complex that will literally surround the entirety of Araneta center (Well, I didn't know that tycoon Jorge Araneta, who owns the Araneta Center, is suffering from edifice complex).

I will regularly feature these Cubao photos as part of my documentation of what the old Cubao is like. They may still be present now, but I can no longer say that after a decade or so.























No comments:

Post a Comment