Friday, October 24, 2008

Lonely Boats on Empty Harbor

I took this photo this evening, while on a relaxing stroll at the Manila Baywalk. I noticed how few people come nowadays to the bay boulevard. It was also relatively silent, with all the bars and restaurants removed by Mayor Lim.
Here and there some lovely couples make promises of eternal love to one another, as they sweetly embrace on the benches, their silhouettes creating romantic scenes in a lovely sunset.
I was alone, but I stayed awhile nevertheless to enjoy the harbor views, and to watch the gentle waves as they toss themselves into the rocks below.
I also photographed some sceneries, and I came across this boat scene. These boats remind me of the beautiful book of poems by Joe Pintauro, "Kites at Empty Airports". It was one of my favorite books and it taught me so much about gentleness, love, peace and serenity. And these boats reminded me that I can find something even in emptiness....in nothingness there is peace....there is serenity...

No comments:

Post a Comment