Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Day at Manila Bay

manilabay4
While strolling along the Manila Bay during New Year's Day, I found this family happily celebrating the New Year by swimming and bathing at the Manila Bay. Surprisingly, I found the bay to be relatively cleaner than when I usually see it during past visits. Some of the kids told me that hordes of Pulis Oysters (sort of maintenance group under government payroll) cleaned the bay in the morning. This family thought it was too good an opportunity to pass up, so the planned picnic along Manila Bay, became a swimming picnic. Although swimming in the polluted Manila Bay has already been banned, this family thought that no one really enforces the law. And indeed, the nearby policeman did not mind them, reasoning that it was New Year's Day anyway, so let them have fun. Afterwards, they feasted on their baon--some left-over foods from last night's media noche. They were all very happy and when they saw my Nikon, asked me to take their pictures. Some of them even proudly displayed their acrobatic abilities, while the others even invited me to take a dip. I said that I already took a shower--which was actually the truth.

manilabay9
Hehehe. Ang anak ko talaga napagkamalang salbabida ang tiyan ko hekhekhek


manilabay8
O tambling oh!Ang galing koh!

manilabay6
Ang sarap talaga maligo! Hehehe. Tamis ng tubig!


manilabay3
O kaya mo to?


manilabay2
Oh kitam! Galing di ba!


manilabay10
Ngek, babaw lang pala!


manilabay7
Penge tissue kuya...


manilabay5
Sarap talaga ng adidas--chicken feet stew

manilabay1
O galing ng bangka ko no!

No comments:

Post a Comment