Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pictures from the Recycle Bin (Part 1)

In my hard drive's Recycle Bin there are tons of photographs that have not made it into this blog for one reason or another. Sometimes I just find them not interesting enough, or maybe of poor quality, or just not consistent in line with the photographs I put in for a particular series. And so many of them ended up not being shown in this blog and headed straight to the Recycle Bin. Incredibly, I have forgotten all of them and have just found the time during the past holidays to sift through them, rescuing some of them from the dust heap of my trash files . Now, I must choose from them and re-title these photographs as "Pictures from the Recycle Bin".

In this particular portion of this series, I have chosen some pictures from the recycle bin during my memorable journey to Iloilo in March-April, 2009. Looking at them now, I felt a tinge of nostalgia of how good a time it was indeed. I have decided that these pictures deserve a place in this blog after all. I just hope you will enjoy viewing them as much as I did photographing them.

iloilo1-186

This is a panoramic view of Iloilo's coastline as viewed from the hills of Balaan Bukid in Guimaras Island. Not many people know it, but yes, I did actually explored Guimaras, particularly Balaan Bukid. I was planning to run a series about Balaan Bukid's annual Holy Week pilgrimage, but a miscalculation prevented me from doing it. The hills are very steep and my cameras and tripod are too bulky and heavy for me to reach the very top. I have to content taking pictures at the middle of the hills. And this picture is one of them.


guimaras
Approaching Guimaras island. It is a beautiful island just some 20 minutes of motor boat ride from Iloilo. The waters just look fantastic.


sanjoaquin
The very peaceful and rustic town of San Joaquin, as viewed from the San Joaquin Church bell tower. I have found San Joaquin to be a very laid back town, a remnant of old Philippine village of long ago. The people are gentle and very hospitable.


rizal-park
Rizal Park in Miagao. This is just beside the historic Miagao Church Fortress.


miagao
A sunset countryside scenery in Miagao with the Igbaras mountains in the background. Oh my, I really love my country the Philippines!

No comments:

Post a Comment