Monday, April 12, 2010

Double Down And Win At KFC

Don't say I've never done anything for you! About 6 months ago, I posted about the news of the Double Down Sandwich being tested at Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurants in Rhode Island and Omaha.... Here's the marketing picture from KFC....


The Double Down Sandwich consists of two slices of bacon, a slice of pepper jack cheese, a slice of Swiss cheese, and some of the Colonel's sauce, all between two filets of KFC original recipe chicken. (You can get the Double Down with grilled chicken filets, but what's the fun in that?)

Well, here are my pictures! The Double Down in all its glory.... I jumped on the cholesterol grenade.... And it was an explosion of deliciousness....


Don't get me wrong.... My heart didn't like it, and I'm probably never going to order it again.... BUT, it didn't taste horrible! The chicken was moist and flavorful and the bacon was crisp, but the cheese was a bit bland and the 'Colonel's Sauce' gave a tiny kick to the sandwich (when you could taste the flavor of the sauce outside the flavor of the chicken).... I could definitely feel the salty sandwich sucking all the moisture in my body towards my stomach, and I feel tired after eating the sandwich, but I can say that I tried it!

No comments:

Post a Comment