Sunday, October 1, 2006

I Survived Typhoon Milenyo!

Just to let you know that I survived Typhoon Milenyo. However, my dsl connection did not. Up to now internet connection in our area is still offline, and I'm languishing here in a fully-loaded internet cafe filled with kids killing each other in their favorite rpg games.
I called up my ISP provider and they told me that they are working round the clock to restore the service anytime within the day. Well I hope so because I feel so disabled and living in the Middle Ages without an internet connection.
Anyway, going back to Typhoon Milenyo..well what can I say? It left devastation all over Metro manila area and the sorrounding provinces. I've never been afraid of typhoons before but Milenyo changed that effectively.
The terrible winds blew to an astonishing 170km per hour so that a lot of trees were uprooted, electric posts stumbled, signboards fell to the ground, and many a house tin roof flew into mid air. Frtunately for our family, our house was built tough so it did not suffer any damage, save for some leaks of rain from the antique roof.
While the typhoon was rampaging, we lost electricity, an indication that power lines were already damaged by the typhoon. All 100 percent of Metro manila and the sorrounding provinces were in total blackout, and up to now major areas are still without electricity. Thankfully for us living in Novaliches, Quezon City, electricity was restored within twelve hours after the typhoon(although some 80 percent of Q.C is still without electricity).
As of this writing some 100 plus people were either dead or missing and more were injured. Terrible, terrible disaster...and the weather bureau says that there is another typhoon in the making in the Pacific Ocean! Oh no...I just hope it wouldn't directly hit the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment