Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Maize Maze

Does anyone want to go to a maize maze with me this weekend? There are a couple of corn mazes around Southern California, and I don't want to go alone.

Rose Rock, Chris Rock's mom, is suing the Cracker Barrel chain of restaurants for racial discrimination. She says she was seated, and then they ignored her for half an hour. When she told the manager about the ordeal, she and her daughter, were offered a free meal, but at that point they did not want to eat. The news story does not indicate whether Ms. Rock said "Excuse me, we haven't ordered yet," or "Do you know who I am? I am Chris Rock's mother."

"He never called over the waitresses and asked, `Why did these people sit here for an hour without service?"' said Ms. Rock.

What? I'm not going to say that this is a case of racial discrimination, but this sounds like a pretty stupid case to me. By the way, Al Sharpton heard about the case and his foundation is going to fund the lawsuit against Cracker Barrel.

Next time I get crappy service, I'm going to demand that the manager call the waitress over and to scream "Why are you racist?" at the girl. "I asked for medium rare, you mother-effing racist scum!"

Cracker Barrel does participate in racial discrimination. I visited a Cracker Barrel restaurant and General Store in Atlanta, Georgia on a business trip. They did not have one white waiter or waitress in the store when I was there. And the fact that they have the nerve to name their restaurant "'Cracker' Barrel"????? Come on! Racist scum! Where's Al Sharpton! I need a lawyer!

On a final note.... How much does "30 Rock"" blow.... and how great is "Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip"!

No comments:

Post a Comment