Monday, October 30, 2006

St. Louis

Woo hoo....I'm back from New York! I was flown to New York City to be an alternate in the AOL Goldrush Game. I got to sit in my hotel room while the three finalists got to compete in Trump Tower, and then on the Early Show. Oh well, I'll try again for the million dollar round, and I did win one of these really cool $600.00 gold coins!

A lot of my blog readers are from Maryland....Let's see how well you know your home state.....What is the official sport of Maryland? The answer is coming up....

The St. Louis Cardinals recently beat the Detroit Tigers in the 2006 World Series. I, along with most everybody else in the country, paid no attention to the series, however, some interesting nuggets of information have risen to the surface.

David Eckstein, shortstop for the St. Louis Cardinals, and the 2006 World Series' Most Valuable Player, now has two world series rings. He was also on the Anaheim Angels in 2002 when they had their amazing world series run. So not only does he have two rings from two different teams in two different leagues, he set a new record this week. At 5'7" tall, David Eckstein is the shortest World Series MVP ever!

The other tid bit of information? St. Louis was recently designated as the country's most dangerous city.

Ok all you Marylanders....I hope you all knew that the state sport of Maryland is jousting!

No comments:

Post a Comment