Friday, July 3, 2009

The Elevator To Heaven

Video artist Marco Brambilla was commisioned by the owner of the Standard Hotel in New York to create an art piece that could be installed in the hotel's elevators.

As the elevator rises, the video takes you from the fiery pits of hell to the serene tranquility of heaven. And as you descend, you're taken back to the fiery pits of hell.

The artwork is amazing, but I have a couple of questions....

Is Marco Brambilla comparing the streets of New York to hell?

and

Do I need to reserve a room in the hotel to use the elevator?

and

If I don't reserve a penthouse hotel room, will I not be able to see the entire piece?

Well.... If the answer to the third question is yes.... You're welcome, I just saved you from a trip to New York and spending $1,000 on a penthouse hotel room.

You have to watch it a few times to catch everything... I think I saw Michael Jackson and Arnold Schwarzenneger.... I know I saw the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man....

No comments:

Post a Comment