Thursday, July 23, 2009

Quote Unquote

Did you know that Darth Vader never said "Luke, I am your father."? In a recent poll, that line was voted as the "#1 Misquoted Movie Line Of All Time". What he actually says is "No, I am your father." And did you know that "Beam me up, Scotty!" was never used in the Star Trek television or movie series? Here are a few other commonly misquoted movie lines....

From Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs:

Misquoted: "Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"
Quoted: "Magic Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"

From Dirty Harry:

Misquoted: "Do you feel lucky, punk?"
Quoted: "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

From Casablanca

Misquoted: "Play it again, Sam."
Quoted: ""You played it for her, you can play it for me. If she can stand it, I can. Play it!"
(Ingrid Bergman says "Play it, Sam!")

From Silence of the Lambs:

Misquoted: "Hello, Clarice."
Quoted: "Good evening, Clarice."

From The Wizard Of Oz:

Misquoted: “I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore, Toto”
Quoted: "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment