Thursday, February 4, 2010

Unexpected Art In Unexpected Places

One of the perks of my job is that I get to satisfy my voyeuristic cravings..... I get to enter people's homes and see how they live..... Occasionally, I even run across famous people during my inspections (e.g. Don Doolittle).

I was recently inspecting a senior community in Long Beach, California and saw some art that I did not expect to see..... The te
nant was an elderly Korean man who lives by himself in a small studio apartment and his walls were adorned with his drawings. He doesn't sell the drawings, or even exhibit his drawings outside of his apartment. He did not speak a lot of english, but he was able to communicate the names of the people he had drawn, and he made sure that he told me who was in each drawing. Each. And. Every. One. It was a lot of 'This Tum Hunks' and 'This Dusty Hoof-A-Man'.

He allowed me to take some pictures of his art, and now I get to share them with you.... But I'll spare you the identification of each portrait. (By the way, you can enlarge the photos by clicking on them....)







No comments:

Post a Comment