Monday, June 1, 2009

A Little Piece Of History

I was inspecting an abandoned apartment complex in Los Angeles the other day, and I took some interesting pictures. The guy who used to own the property inherited it from his father. His father used to restore and race old cars. I'm from Orange County, California, and I appreciate good Orange County history. Check out this old sign I found while walking the property.


I did a little research and found a bunch of great pictures of the Santa Ana Drag Strip. Apparently, C.J. "Pappy" Hart, established the Santa Ana Drag Strip on an unused runway at the Orange County (now John Wayne) Airport. Click on the picture below to see the pictures, and some video of the the old races.

After I found the sign, I walked through the building and I was almost killed by a swarm of killer bees! Well, not really, they just kind of sat there. But they were still really scary!

I finished my inspection and I was able to channel my 'fat kid in the outfield during a little league game' when I saw this butterfly sitting still for me....



No comments:

Post a Comment